Multinational Corporations are where the Headquarters of a company are in one country and branch plants in the rest of the world.
They have two main goals:
- Growing Resources
- Manufacturing the Profit
Quick Facts Edit
- No international laws that regulate them.
- Multinational corporations pick/chose countries that benefits them
- Use of land and use of cheap labour has the purpose to keep the overhead low.
- Multinational companies carry huge influence over 4th and 5th world countries. Developing countries need these multinational companies and the multinational companies need them. Developing countries are afraid that these multinational companies will leave because the prime concern is PROFIT
- There is sometimes conflict between the interests of the multinational companies and the developing countries however the cooperations always win because of neo-colonialism.
Examples of Multinational Companies Edit
- General Motors - U.S.A.
- Mitsubishi - Japan
- Exxon - U.S.A.
- McDonalds - U.S.A.
- I.B.M. - U.S.A.
- Philippines growing pineapples for Dole
Despite all the drawbacks that are present, multinational corporations do bring 'enlightenment' to the rest of the world. e.g. computers, video, medicines, etc.
|This information is provided from the teachings of Mr. Kerr. Keep in mind that it may be slightly different from that which another teacher may have taught.|