Foreign Aid is a gift or grant... a designed amount of money to less fortunate countries.
Government makes decisions on which countries get the aid by:
- U.N. lists of poverty
- Disaster lists (earthquakes, famine, etc.)
- Direct appeal by the developing country
- Supplies and goods (clothing, blankets, etc.)
- Medical supplies and personnel -
- Doctors, nurses, technicians
- Medical equipment
- Medical facilities
- Education -
- Books & and supplies
- Food and water supplies
- Machinery & technology
- Cash gifts/grants
Types of Aid Edit
- uni-lateral - one way - country A gives and receives nothing back.
- bi-lateral - two ways - country A gives and B reciprocates.
- multi-lateral - many ways - many agencies and countries involved.